Do you have extensive experience with spectroscopy systems? Do you enjoy engaging with others?
The Application Scientist is responsible for technical sales support activities for Raman spectroscopic instrumentation by providing technical expertise including application support, chemometric modeling, and advanced training. The individual is required to understand customer problems and how to apply our client’s analyzers to solve them.
Location: Upper Midwest or Northeast US
- Support strategic customers in the Biopharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical, Polymer, and Specialty Chemical industries.
- Perform demonstrations of the instrumentation at client sites.
- Provide training to clients on the use of the instrumentation and software (remotely if possible).
- Conduct feasibility studies to determine if Raman spectroscopy is an effective solution for potential clients or market-specific applications.
- Perform data analysis using statistics, multivariate calibration software, and spectroscopy software.
- Effectively communicate results regarding Raman applications both to specific clients and to a broader audience at technical conferences.
- Develop and capture potential intellectual property as invention disclosures and if appropriate work with an attorney to help submit patent applications.
- Recognize new market opportunities for Raman and develop technical programs which support the development of these markets and develop specific methods for chosen markets.
- BS minimum, Master’s or Ph.D. preferred
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, polymer, and/or chemical industries is preferred.
- Extensive experience with Raman or FTIR or NIR spectroscopy
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills
- This position will require approximately 25% travel
TESA Talent found a need for trust and empathy in the executive search market. The industry is saturated with transactional vendors and not many real partners. What if you had an advisor that did care? Someone that knows your industry, someone with years of Talent Acquisition experience to guide you and your process? TESA Talent is a multi-service talent acquisition consulting and recruitment services firm, solving common problems for companies that experience inconsistent results from their current recruiting strategy. TESA Talent brings a robust network of recruiting partners and solutions on a global scale. Whether your organization needs to design an entire recruiting process, has a large recruitment project, or simply needs to hire a top-notch change-maker, TESA Talent will point you in the best direction.