Do you have experience managing leading product development teams? Are you interested in cutting-edge life sciences technology?
The R&D Manager leads a multi-discipline team including electronics, mechanical, and systems engineers, application scientists, physicists, material scientists, chemists, biochemists and software engineers. They work closely within a value stream team to ensure that the system and software development are closely coupled and align with customer requirements. Customer engagement in the product development process is a crucial element of the role.
Location: Central Massachusetts
- Encourage identification and nurturing of innovative solutions.
- Technical leadership of the NVI development roadmap(s) working closely with Product Management.
- Lead all project technical execution activities and oversee the development of statistically sound design verification protocols/reports and design validation.
- Day-to-day management of cross-discipline technical teams.
- Working closely with the Director R&D North Americas & China
- Managing knowledge transfer of relevant research programs aligned with the innovation roadmap working closely with the Director of Innovation.
- Responsible for ensuring robust IP protection of your area of responsibility working closely with the legal team.
- Collaborating with the Global R&D leadership and global R&D community in realizing the R&D vision and strategy.
- Support collaboration projects and work closely with technical partners to deliver against our portfolio roadmaps.
- Collaborating with business enablement partners in developing, sharing, and deploying process improvements.
- Awareness of technology developments, threats opportunities, and disruptive technologies.
- Leveraging common elements and best practices across the global R&D organization.
- Working closely with the R&D Director, develop a strong talent pipeline, succession planning, recruitment, career, and talent development.
- Working closely with the digital solutions team to incorporate specific functionality within NVI projects as part of the digital strategy.
- Working closely with the Project management office, and cross-functionally, design control and management of the R&D contribution in development projects through to pre-launch.
- Support the strategy of R&D efficiency and effectiveness monitored by Innovation KPIs
- Lean R&D – DFSS, DFX, Agile PM, Design thinking.
- Working closely with product management to implement value road mapping and value proposition validation.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering or science subject, Masters preferred
- Over 5 years of industry technical experiences
- 2+ years technical leadership with experience of managing multi-discipline research and/or engineering teams
TESA Talent found a need for trust and empathy in the executive search market. The industry is saturated with transactional vendors and not many real partners. What if you had an advisor that did care? Someone with years of HR and Talent Acquisition experience to guide you and your process? TESA Talent is a multi-service talent acquisition consulting and recruitment services firm, solving common problems for companies that experience inconsistent results from their current recruiting strategy. TESA Talent brings a robust network of recruiting partners and solutions on a global scale. Whether your organization needs to design an entire recruiting process, has a large recruitment project, or simply needs to hire a top-notch change-maker, TESA Talent will point you in the best direction.