Do you have experience building, testing, or developing mass spectrometry?
The Product Development Scientist (PDS) will be responsible for identifying, researching, implementing, and de-risking technologies to be incorporated into the employer’s products. The PDS will serve as a subject matter expert that advises the team on key technical decisions, leads in the detailed design of complex instrumentation, drives the initial build and test of prototype systems, collects first proof of concept data from these systems, and shares results back to the product development team and scientific community on the outcomes of these developments and experiments. For technologies that proceed to full product development, the Product Development Scientist will work closely with a Product Development Team to transfer learnings from early experiments to reduce technical barriers in the productization of these technologies.
Location: Greater Philadelphia
- Lead the design of instrumentation systems from the conceptual phase through the prototype phase
- Understand the mass spectrometry technology spaces and how these technologies can be leveraged to provide solutions in various applications
- Create and execute test procedures, documenting and presenting results
- Participate in technical design reviews at system or subsystem levels in progress
- Identify gaps in design proposals and technical capabilities
- Attend key industry conferences to develop an industry presence
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to achieve strategic, operational, and technical objectives
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Physics or related technology
- Experience building and testing some type of mass spectrometry instrument in either an academic or industrial setting.
- Significant experience building and troubleshooting ion manipulation hardware
TESA Talent is deeply committed and connected to the laboratory science industry.
TESA Talent found a need for trust and empathy in the executive search market. The industry is saturated with transactional vendors and not many real partners. What if you had an advisor that did care? Someone with years of HR and Talent Acquisition experience to guide you and your process? TESA Talent is a talent acquisition consulting and executive recruiting firm with deep roots in the lab sciences industry across North America. TESA Talent is solving common problems for companies that experience inconsistent results from their current recruiting strategy. Whether your organization needs to design an entire recruiting process, has a large recruitment project, or simply needs to hire a top-notch change-maker, TESA Talent will point you in the best direction