Do you enjoy tinkering with scientific instruments and solving problems? This is your opportunity to travel to a diverse group of labs, meet different people and see various instrument applications at work with a globally diverse mix of visionary thinkers, creative problem-solvers, and detail-loving geeks at one of the world’s top instrumentation companies
Provides customers with the best possible experience when performing preventative maintenance, service, repairs, and calibration. This role utilizes their ability to troubleshoot, manual dexterity, and acuity for repairs to service all brands of laboratory pipettes.
Location: San Diego
- Support all customers in your region; Maintain, service, and support pipettes and related lab equipment, web/phone, and in-person.
- The Service Technician will use CRM to track and manage inventory and carry out critical aspects of the service workflow.
- You will service all brands and types of pipettes by performing calibrations
Knowledge & Skills:
- 1 or more years working on lab equipment
- Chemistry coursework is helpful but not required
- Must be a hands-on, troubleshooter
- Able to travel regionally, including overnight travel
What To Expect:
- Remote position with a Company car
- A company culture that prioritizes career stability and a healthy work-life balance, and investing in employees for shared long-term success
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, base pay plus bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k) with company matching, paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance
Upgrading Talent, Enhancing Careers
TESA Talent is an executive search firm deeply committed and connected to the laboratory sciences industry, partnering with innovative and exciting employers in niche science industries while providing life-changing careers to superior talent.