Do you have experience with GC/MS for VOC applications?
This role will provide support to the Americas Service and Sales Team thru sample preparation, instrumental analysis, and data evaluation along with other support duties. The role will develop and demonstrate analytical methods to client specification and also install and support the instrumentation and methods for field-based personnel.
Location: Sacramento, CA
- On internal acceptance of a client project, the applications engineer is to research and understand client requirements, specify, design, plan and develop and run the required methods to consistently high quality and delivered to an agreed specification and timescale as agreed with the prospective clients.
- Upon completion, ensure the write up of customer reports, application notes, standard operating procedures, presentations, and other technical documentation to allow promotion, delivery, and method hand-over training of the completed application
- Help manage the laboratory ensuring supplies are re-ordered as required to avoid delays in project development, ensure the lab is kept clean, tidy, and safe. To manage the laboratory within industry guidelines.
- Help with communication to the customer for installs, repairs, etc. and that parts and on-site for the service visit
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related science
- 2 years of hands-on GC/MS experience
- Experience with volatiles, a plus
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills